View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 07:02 AM
Diesel8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

dutch747,
Let's not get bigoted against liberals, or for that matter conservatives who historically have not faired that well dealing with sexism/racism. After all our new president thinks it's a-ok "to grab em by the p*ssy". Blaming sexism/racism on liberals is a pretty ridiculous stretch.

The longer this thread continues, the more obvious it becomes that sexism/racism still is a prevalent attitude, no matter how loudly people deny it. It's like the old saying "some of my best friends are black".

What I can tell you is I know many "minorities" that have battled very hard in this career field to get the positions that they have attained, and they weren't given any favors to get there. They have worked very hard to ensure that the negative stereotypes of their groups are not perpetuated. Are there a few rotten apples out there? Sure there are, but it is easier to denigrate them based on their sex/race than their competence. That way you can cast that attitude on all members of their group.

I have seen lack of competence in white males, but you never hear derogatory remarks about them on the basis of their sex or color. If anything it is more accepted and you have to give "Joe" a chance!

As far as going to the OBAP or WAI job fairs when not being a member of the any of those groups, your not going to see me attending, even though WM's and anyone else for that matter are welcomed with open arms. Why? Respect. You guys do what you want, I don't care.

This thread s*cks. There is nothing new here only more of the status quo.

bye.

Last edited by Diesel8; 12-24-2016 at 07:20 AM.