Old 12-27-2016, 02:19 PM
tbevis135r
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Civil Air Patrol, C-182

I agree, honesty is the best policy...but also prefer not to air dirty laundry unless asked specifically. Looking back, I was close to two months into an intense program that came immediately on the heels of a cross country military move from retiring, which itself took a lot of time and stress to plan. And of course, my sim slot was the graveyard 2100 to 0300 slot, and we were all tired. External factors definitely played a part, but bottom line, yes, I screwed the pooch on my single engine go arounds, after a couple extra sims to nail down other minor things, which I did. In fact, the instructor said my V1 cuts and SE approaches were great, it was the heading control on the initial MA that was out of tolerance. What would I do different? More chair fly, obviously, but also ask for a block of time to practice nothing except SE power and rudder management. As it was, I learned that I was going to be discontinued from training, and that was when I decided to voluntarily resign versus be asked to leave in lieu of termination. And truth be told, I was seriously reconsidering the domiciles and crash pad prospects I was facing, versus have a chance to base closer to home. Now, I'm hoping that this isn't a show stopper as far as other opportunities go. So there it is, out in the open. Additional ideas and thoughts greatly appreciated.