Thread: Frontier Hiring.

SFA320 , 12-27-2016 05:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off
SFA320
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2016
Quote: The original guy who spouted off his Envoy garbage should have been ignored from the get go. My point to you was simply to draw attention to the negative outcome a tanked economy would not only have for him but for yourself and others. Sure sounded like a pretty cocky thing to say honestly when your pilot group is going through such difficult times during a strong economy.

Excellent point about Spirit's big gain in a slumping economy. Who else has done the same thing in recent times? Honest question as I really can't recall any others.

I know I'm sounding like captain obvious here but during the past 5 years United, Delta, American, SWA, FDX, UPS and Allegiant have made massive gains. You guys have been spinning your wheels during all of these gains due to a management team that clearly knows how to stall out as long as possible. It's frustrating as all can be when there is not much you can do besides show up and do your job like a professional.

If you'd like to bank on Spirit's success during tough times as an insurance policy in the event your negotiations drag into a slumped economy (hopefully not the case) then all I can say is best of luck and I'll stand with you guys at any picket until you get what you deserve.

My comment about your Airbus being light twins was a joke by the way. I recall many of times when I was at Republic the term "light twin" thrown at us from Frontier guys over the radio. Never really got the aircraft ego thing then nor do I get it now flying larger equipment. Just pay me as much as possible to work the least possible seems more important than passenger capacity or gross weight.
We haven't even been in negotiations for 12 months, and we opened a year early. Things are moving faster than average. The wheels are not "just spinning".
It's a process but the contract will come.