Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Flying101
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by billyho View Post
Relax? lol, I was trying to figure out what you were talking about. You do know Piedmont is parking Dash's and going to an All Jet fleet right? The flow is only in place to help feed the WO's for pilots. Talking to many of my friends it seems to be working pretty well. As Piedmont is filling classes and actually a good % of new hires are AWAC peeps.
Those great AWAC people you speak of will get hired at the other 3 Legacy carriers or if American is high on there list they can go to one of the WO's for a quick upgrade and a guaranteed job at American.
As for lucky. Hmmmm, I guess AirTran people are lucky (SouthWest). I guess America West Pilots..the airline that everyone went to if they didn't get hired at Delta, United, or Airways should now feel lucky they work for the worlds largest airline.
It is what it is. Do I feel lucky? Hell no. Fortunate is more like it because I avoided the road of all the furloughs and pay cuts in the late 2000's. Lucky I don't feel that way at all.
Yea! Hell yea Air Tran pilots were lucky, have you seen their payscale and today's SWA pay scale. Call it what you want but reality is, you work for the largest airline in the world simply because you were at the right place at the right time, luck.