Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 12:44 PM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by MTSblue View Post
I know it was done several pages back, but does anyone care to take a stab at seniority order for bases? (Personally I'm curious about AVL, PIE, and SFB... Apparently BLI goes very senior)

FLL
IWA
OAK
PGD
PIE
SFB
BLI
CVG
AVL
PIT
LAX
LAS
I presume you are talking about FO's

I would put BLI and IWA at the top of the list.

I would put OAK and PIT at the bottom. The rest are in the middle.

With Captains, I would additionally put SFB-Airbus at the top of the list.

It's hard to say how things are going to shake out in the very near future as we transition to all airbus base by base. Some people are holding out on an upgrade waiting for their base to transition so they don't get equipment locked. Some people are locked and may actually get displaced, then displace the person junior to them anywhere in the system. This has not occurred though so far. The first test of this is coming. Our new contract favors strict seniority in these situations. The old rules you were domicile protected.

To hit your original point about being interested in PIE and AVL, both of those cities are on the list to be completely transitioned to AB during 2017. The last written piece that came from the company was in July. PIE was to be completed by Fall 2017, AVL by winter 2017.

If you get hired here, you will be equipment locked for 2 years, although the company can and does waive this from time to time, but mainly for upgrades and not transitions.