View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 AM
dontcare4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
LOL - I never noticed each of my three old certs has a different date! Thanks Huggy!

I agree with Lucky that turbine management can often be easier than piston props, and modern glass can be great to use and makes things easy... under normal conditions. Things happen much more rapidly in that jet if disorientation or anomalies happen.

A Citation 525 is a lot of airplane for a weekend warrior, particularly under those conditions, and unfortunately looks like he and his family paid an ultimate price. It was only a 2 hour drive. One of my good friends who is in a similar use pattern has a TBM700 and I worry about him, but he is very fastidious about recurrent training, and got there slowly. From the few times I've been in front it is also a lot of airplane and things can happen fast.

Incidentally I am curious as to why his aircraft was registered to the company through LLC and he was operating it on a private (noncommercial) license, the FAA might be interested in if all flights were "incidental to" etc. In my situation I was legally advised to get the commercial license, so I did -- be very careful with this sort of stuff guys.
What makes you think he's just a weekend warrior?