View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 04:41 PM
FedEx1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005

Holding LAX, or anything else for that matter, all depends of staffing needs, people moving, and a seat bid coming out. Right now, I see 160 pilots in LAX (all MD-11), seniority ranging from #35 (Capt) to #4100 (f/o) out of 4489 total pilots at Fedex. As for routes? Some domestic, but I know they also have been sitting Subic Bay hotel reserve. I looked at the bid pack for August, and saw all sorts of cities on different lines- Asia, Paris, Honolulu... and Ft Worth, Oakland, etc.

So, you'd have to get hired, probably go to the back of the 727, wait for a seat bid, and get the MD-11 LAX. It happened in less than a year for a lot of people this past year, but at other times, it might take years. As Yoda say, "always in motion, the future is..."

Also, I think if Flight Ops had their way, the LAX base would be gone. Just my opinion. I think it isn't working out like they had planned.

As for your buddy.... he would be the best person to tell you who else was here from your school. I don't know of anyone, but college rarely comes up. Unless your co-worker went to the Zoo!!