Old 01-03-2017, 02:23 PM
hostagetofortun
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
Or it could be the recognition of the fact claims of a new carrier threatening the quality of legacy jobs has been endless and for the most part baseless for 40+ years. The U.S. legacy airlines, the big 3 plus Alaska and Hawaiian, employ more pilots now than Alaska, Braniff, Continental, Delta, Eastern, Hawaiian, National, Northwest Orient, Pan Am, TWA, and United all did 40 years ago. They do this despite the competition from Southwest, America West, Republic (the original), PeoplExpress, the second Midway, JetBlue, and Virgin America, all of which were accused of "dragging down the profession". At some point it becomes like the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf'.

I will point out once again that Virgin America was called by many the single biggest threat to the profession we have ever seen. Pilots who went there were compared to scabs and accused of undercutting the legacy pilots quality of life. Now Virgin America pilots are proud ALPA members and as of earlier this month, employed by a legacy airline. Pilots at PeoplExpress were accused of the same thing 35 years ago and now those that are still flying are senior captains at United. Southwest had the same accusation hurled at them and for most of the past 15 years have been the highest paid pilots in the States. It just gets tiring and old hearing the same empty arguments over and over again...
Wow, why would you allow yourself the dalliance to continue to walk among us?
Your perspective on this is just that; your perspective on this.
I am now retired after having spent 50 years in this business and what you are saying is what we used to call, hooey. There is a much harsher term for it today.
The NAI circumstance is unique in our history; all of your seeming historical perspective is of no value even if it is/was accurate, (which it is not).
Because yes, in all those years what turned out to be old and the most tiring, was having to listen to know it all’s like you who have such an inflated regard for themselves that it actually gets in their way of learning anything. (Evolution takes SOO long).
As I reached the end of my career and there were only 2 of us left in the cockpit; you were my bane.