Old 01-03-2017, 10:57 PM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by hostagetofortun View Post
Wow, why would you allow yourself the dalliance to continue to walk among us?
Your perspective on this is just that; your perspective on this.
I am now retired after having spent 50 years in this business and what you are saying is what we used to call, hooey. There is a much harsher term for it today.
The NAI circumstance is unique in our history; all of your seeming historical perspective is of no value even if it is/was accurate, (which it is not).
Because yes, in all those years what turned out to be old and the most tiring, was having to listen to know it all’s like you who have such an inflated regard for themselves that it actually gets in their way of learning anything. (Evolution takes SOO long).
As I reached the end of my career and there were only 2 of us left in the cockpit; you were my bane.
Welcome to APC. I see you just joined and this is your first post.

So I am curious, what have I said that was inaccurate? Was Southwest welcomed by the industry when it first formed? Were all the lawsuits and restrictions placed upon it just my imagination? Was the Wright Amendment all in my dreams? Was PeoplExpress welcomed and considered by pilot groups to be a great new opportunity that will raise the bar for everyone? Everyone thought JetBlue was a great addition as well right, so much so that even trade unions supported them? I guess Virgin America was welcomed as well right?

Learning does not take that long my friend, and if it does for you I feel truly sorry for you.

Here is something that was fairly easy to and quick to do. Spend an hour doing some independent research on NAI. Don't read the ALPA stuff, instead read corporate profiles on investment websites, look at the job postings, read some newspaper articles from other parts of the world, look at the various aviation regulatory agency websites, look at the court filings. You will find that NAI is virtually nothing like what ALPA claims, and many other airlines are already doing what ALPA seems to think is unique to NAI. That is how you learn. And if doing that makes me your bane, then I am quite happy to be your bane and I will take happily accept your calling me that.

ALPA has done some great things, without question, and personally I would rather have them in my corner than in the opposite corner. But ALPA has made its fair share of mistakes in the past too, and it wise to be able to objectively look at every campaign they are running, and every claim that they make, to see if it holds water.

Enjoy your retirement and once again, welcome to APC.

Last edited by NEDude; 01-03-2017 at 11:12 PM.