Old 01-05-2017, 04:24 AM
Denzel
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2013

I just interviewed for an ASIP position and the questions that were asked to previous interviewees were the exact questions I received. The flight portion of the interview was very low threat. Left seat with an instructor. Climb west of OKC to 9,500'. Steep turns, 1 T/O stall recovery, full procedure RNAV to Page to a missed approach, then RV to the ILS at OKC for the full stop. Instructor talked me through all checklists, AP usage, and airspeeds, etc. You can have zero experience in the King Air and do well if you have basic airmanship down which is what they are looking for. I have pasted the questions below. Please PM me if you have any questions.

-Denzel

3 person panel type interview with each asking one question at a time from a script for approx. 20 questions total:

1. The job involves travel, are you willing and able?
2. What does CRM mean to you?
3. Tell us about a hard decision you had to make and what you learned.
4. You are the copilot, your pilot descends below MDA with no field in sight, says he has done this approach many times and not to worry, what do you do?
5. Your PIC shows up in the morning with the smell of alcohol on his breath, what do you do?
6. Have you ever been investigated, part of an accident, etc...
7. Are you willing to take responsibility for taking down a NAVAID?
8. Tell me about your low-level flying experiences.
9. Tell me about your background and why you would be a good fit for this position.
10. Tell me what you know about the ASIP position and the required duties.
11. Have you ever been investigated, had an accident or incident? Removed from flying other than medical?
12. Have you ever failed a check ride?
13. Under what conditions would you refuse to fly a mission?
14. What was a difficult decision you had to make, and what did you learn from it?
15. Have you regularly operated in dense airspace/airports?
16. Ever had conflict in the cockpit with another pilot/crew member? How did you deal with it?
17. CRM Scenario: You are the PIC, the airplane descends un-commanded and the CP takes the controls without any prompting, you say nothing during the whole time. Crewman in the back says “We are done......land.” What is your response as PIC?

1-vs-1 technical interview with a person from the Standards department:

1. Lost comms - IFR, VFR.
2. How long is a 1st Class medical is good for?
3. VFR sectional, altitudes, airspeeds, who do I have to talk to and where.
4. MOA, can I operate at X altitude, reference the legend.
5. Restricted airspace, can I fly through - VFR, IFR.
6. Fuel requirements (IFR, VFR flight planning)
7. WX mins.
8. How long to notify FAA if I change address?
9. VFR cloud clearances? in different types of airspace.
10. Airport symbols, reference legend?
11. IFR charts, symbols, distances, changeover points?
12. Approach plate diagrams, displaced threshold, step down fixes, holding airspeeds, approach categories, circling, approach lighting, etc.....
13. Questions from VFR sectional and IFR low chart of OKC area. Was told can reference chart legends. Then utilized ILS approach plate for OKC for final questions as well as questions from FAR/AIM.
14. If law enforcement official requests alcohol test, can you decline?
15. How do you determine NAVAID change over position on chart?
16. Can you fly VFR through MOA/Restricted Areas from OKC Sectional?
17. If you fly VFR from X airport to Z airport on sectional, do you have to talk to Approach? Do you have to talk to one of the airports overflown on direct route? Do you have to talk to tower at destination?
18. IFR takeoff mins for IFR/VFR (Part 91/135). Alternate weather requirements.