View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
How much did your buddy claim he was imputed? ....because frankly the math doesn't work. Regardless, imputed income doesn't affect your pay until 3 months after the charges are incurred. Furthermore, a charge in a given month is divided into two parts across two pay periods.

I'm NOT defending Atlas. We have a paltry contract and crap working conditions but to claim that one would pay to work here is unethical.

The proof is in the putting and I will happily stand corrected with numbers that back up that claim, but until then its just blowing smoke.
When he went through it, it made sense... So... For the people who think Atlas is so NEATO....

As a new hire on the 747 you'll be based in ANC and the last guy up there when you clear OE. My buddy was living in the South and it was Summer - tourist season for ANC - where flying and hotels up there were scarce. He was junior and there for on Reserve. The lines he could hold only started out of base and were 60 day lines with a ton of commutes up there. So at that time 25 hours times $77 equals $1925. Then subtract healthcare, taxes, retirement and union dues and you're down to around $1250. Divide that times a tax rate of .25 (25%) and you get to $5000 in imputed income for the month. If you commute 3 times on a 60 day line in a month plus add hotels? Yeah... You get there.