View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:04 PM
JetLikeSpeeds
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by snackysmores View Post
The company meets with the union and says they want to raise first year pay to $40 but also have the ability to lower it back down if they want. Union says no; we took a massive concessionary contract and if they want to renegotiate first year pay we can renegotiate the other things they took away.

Company says alright, give us your proposal. Union presents an industry standard pay package for new hires and retention bonuses for current pilots. Company laughs at the union and walks out of the room. Company then meets with the union again and offers their same deal as before with no changes. Union walks away.

Company then announces F#%^ it we're going to do whatever we want and offers the pre employment bonus of 10k to circumvent our contract because the pilots technically aren't employed yet.

You say you've taken the job already and didn't know about it. You haven't taken anything. Your class is still 2 weeks away. You know exactly what you are doing and if you decide to take the money you are essentially saying you are OK with the company violating our contract to line your pockets.
Your first 3 paragraphs are right on the money. That's why QX is in the situation we are in.

The last paragraph isn't even close to fair for new FO's. If the company gave you 10k when you got hired, I'm sure you would have taken it. It's not a new hire's fault that they are in the right place at the right time and we weren't. I would sure love to cash in on the scholarships and the 10k that QX is offering. That would cut my student loan debt in half. There is no way that I can hold this signing bonus over my FO's head. They are just taking advantage of the state of the industry. There is no reason to rope new hires into our company vs union power struggle.

@150aerobat, most of the guys here won't have a problem if you take the bonus.