View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Rotors2Planks
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Although snackysmore's comment doesn't break it down this way if you read it literally, I assumed he was talking about "taking the job + 10k", which is bit different then taking the job and being guilt tripped into not accepting the 10k. The difference is in how it effects American pilots as a united workforce and their fight against poor working conditions and pay.

He can easily take another job in the same city, with better working conditions, better pay, and more respect from management without hurting the profession.
If he takes the Horizon job, you're all correct that he isn't undeserving of the money, but he is knowingly delaying the better good for that pilot group. Horizon needs to suffer greatly if they're ever going to change. Every new hire they get delays the management's suffering and prolong's the pilots.

I don't know what Horizon pilot's did in the past but now is what matters and it's against all pilot's best interests to help Horizon continue operating with their current lack of respect for pilots. In 6 months it might be another airline, and if we can stand together and assert some control, it will help all of us much more in the long run than any bonus ever will.

No I don't work for Horizon.