View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:40 PM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued

Originally Posted by JetLikeSpeeds View Post
Your first 3 paragraphs are right on the money. That's why QX is in the situation we are in.

The last paragraph isn't even close to fair for new FO's. If the company gave you 10k when you got hired, I'm sure you would have taken it.
You clearly don't know me. If I was a new hire and read this entire thread I wouldn't walk away, I'd run.

If a new hire has no idea whats going on and is completely ignorant of the situation I wouldn't hold it against them. However, if an applicant has read this entire thread and understands the repercussions of their actions and still decides to take the money then I will judge their character. I got loans and sh*t to pay for too but I won't step on our profession or act in self interest, especially when there's so many other better options out there with legitimate bonuses. I don't care about the 10k. After taxes it's more like $7500 anyway. I'd be more concerned about working for a company that enforces strict contract compliance only when it benefits them, and routinely forces and expects flight crews to absorb the brunt of their incompetence and terrible management decisions.

Last edited by snackysmores; 01-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.