View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:38 AM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by turbofan0507 View Post
Interview in late January '17! Just wanted a realistic estimate of what I can expect my first year as far as pay goes, considering I get the offer, of course. Making around 125K year/$112 hr right now at my current gig. Need a heads-up of what kind of adjustment - financially - I and my family would have to make. Kids, wife is a stay at home mom, live and based in Chicago. Is the 78 guarantee and 77/hr accurate?
Thanks
It's only accurate if nothing changes in your schedule, and you don't pick up anything ever your first year.

If you are willing to work, you can make 6 figures your first year, pretty easy actually.

Anything you pick up from the company that's above your original line value pays at 2nd year rate even if picked up at straight pay. And if you live in domicile, even as a junior guy, you'll be able to pretty easily pad your check with low-hanging fruit.

A few of my classmates broke 160 TFP's, with 1 breaking 170 TFP's in December... I totaled them up. On average 19-21 nights in your own bed, 10-12 days off (not on reserve). On average, anything north of about 100 TFP paid at 2nd year rate. What all these guys have in common - they all live in their domicile...

This is pretty easily done during busy times of the year around Christmas/New Year holidays and summer. Maybe not so much during other times... I found I can easily do 120-140 TFP's year around so far without breaking a sweat.