View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer
Heck, the "trained" LEOs aren't all that good in these situations. That said, this guy should have been excluded from a permit based on the psych profile, except everyone is afraid of documenting and bring sued as a result. My state won't put known mental cases into the NICS check system due to privacy concerns.

GF
Our "good guy with a gun" proponent still hasn't told us why 9 Houston police officers with guns couldn't stop a bad guy with a gun and paid with their lives. But, he's an NRA true believer so he won't answer that question.

Originally Posted by Silver02ex
So what should I tell my wife if there is a home invasion? Pull the gun from the safe and take the kids and hide? Or have no way to defend herself, while waiting 5-10 minutes for the police? It's not considered "wild west" if we have a chance to defend ourself with a gun.
No one is talking about home invasion. We were talking about a "good guy with a gun" in a public place. But thanks for comparing apples to oranges. Hope your kid doesn't shoot himself or one of his playmates with your unsecured guns.