Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
SEPfield
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
Are you sure about that? I know of more than a few guys that at the very least..., are looking into it!

Think about what you are saying for a moment...., For example, an A320 check airman at one of the low cost on his mid 50's, empty nester, with and adventurous other half with a taste for the exotic...., that won't start at the bottom of the pile at the brand X for many reasons..... But do you really think that it would be so out of any possibility that he would consider upwards of 350K after tax for the last 5 years and retire with a nice nest egg at 60?
Sorry I forgot on APC everything is taken literally and I forgot to add the necessary quantifies. Yes there will be Some pilots that will consider it. I would not say Many or even A lot. Of course there will be outliers and everyone has their own unique situation, however I don't believe China or even Japan is going to solve its pilot problem with some outliers.

I've been an expat before and I enjoy it, in fact I'm getting bored flying in and out of podunk towns in the US in a RJ. I like the money in China and the commuting options but there needs to be an element of career progression. Currently the only company offering that aspect is skymark in Japan and I need about 400 more pic hrs to qualify.