View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:01 AM
PrettyFlyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

I currently fly up here and have friends at Ryan. They won't specifically say what they make but the average is $200-$250/day for most employers so if I had a guess it would be close to that. Yes it's 15on/15off and you have CASS so must jumpseat up here(which is a pain believe me). If you are low time they make you a radioman right seat in a casa until you can fly the 207 PIC. They are one of the better operators but the down side is you don't fly as much as the rest. Hageland and Yute fly a ton and pay more overall than the rest. So if you want money and hours they are the 2 best.
Are you a fresh commercial or experienced?
As far as hageland goes they've been crashing planes and killing people for decades so any recent events won't change it and they just passed a huge inspection this summer so they definitely aren't going anywhere. They are a huge operation and western Alaska would fall apart without them. The Feds up here are the biggest morons in the industry and half of them aren't pilots or a&ps so they literally have no clue what's going on.