View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Sakonnet
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

As I had posted in the previous segment about life at Tradewind, this is not the company for everyone. TW insider I'm not here to bad mouth you or anyone else who shared on this forum. I'm sure at some point we had flown together at Tradewind, and I was never one to not voice my opinion about the company. However, this is not the place to go fix your problems. Before leaving I saw them install a new "team" system where everyone now has a standards captain to go to with their problems. Even before this standards captains were always approachable whether you re part of their 'click' or not. It just takes the courage to speak up and if you don't get the response you want then there was never a time Nog, Shaef, or Ezip did not take my call or reply to my email within a day. My point is being here does not solve your problems, it will honestly only make it worst as every standards captain will be looking at their pilots to find out who it is that's not a team player. This is a very small company and it takes being a team player to make it work.

You are stuck down there with 20+ other people who are away from their families, friends, husbands, wives, etc. It's not easy for anyone, but one thing that will always make it easier is sticking together with your fellow pilots. If you have a problem address it to everyone one night over off time in the condos. Maybe others will agree with your opinions and if more people go to standards together, a change will be made. (Trust me it's worked before)

As far as scheduling, the rush, etc...
I'm sorry bud but this is what we all signed up for. You work hard while you re on the line and you have to commend those guys who have done it for years because it's not easy..but do you think they don't complain? Of course they do, it's 135, no matter where you go in this business it will happen.

You are a PIC. You make the decision now to go/ not go. You check the weight and balance, order fuel, oversee bags, and so on. Start acting like a PIC, you are responsible for your aircraft, do not do what others do if you don't like it. SICs will learn from good decisions and proper decision making. It only takes one person to make a big change, the smart ones will see why you do what you do. Others will fall victim to bad habits and we can do our best to correct them when you fly together. I always tried to set the best example for anyone who flew with me, make it enjoyable, and make myself available to them as a venting point or a teacher. You should do the same, you will be highly regarded and respected by your co workers.

Remember you are part of a team.

-JMR