View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 AM
pagey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Left

Originally Posted by MKUltra View Post
I feel like the more time I spend in the 121 world.. the less safe I feel single pilot in the 91 world.. especially vfr... I am a mess.... but than again... I suck.. 121 makes me lazy... and less of a pilot.. my stick and rudder is fading.. my flight planning skills are gone..

I got my stick and rudder, banner, skydiving driving, and CFI... 121 would does not compare to how proficient I used to be.....

That being said, I can operate an airliner as a crew now, safely and efficiently... two completely different things.
I can see this happening. I wouldn't know as I haven't touched a GA acft in 10 years. Again, as the other guy/gal said. This isn't about making better pilots it's about preventing dangerous pilots in the flight deck of airliners. Having to get to 1500 hours weeds out many that never would've been weeded out in the past.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. I don't see how you can argue that it isn't safer. If you would like to argue that it isn't safer it certainly isn't WORSE than it was before and the economic impact for pilots has been great.