View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Skittles9E
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by musketeer View Post
If you are coming here now: 200 is the way to go if you want the Southern or MSP/DTW bases. 900 is the way to go if you want NYC. Check back in a year and remind me that I was right.

To highflight: They start over; EDV and DAL are completely separate companies.

To add to what I said months ago about the DGI program being completely worthless: There are 400+ pilots that have been hired under the DGI program, which requires you to be a captain for 2 years to get in line to interview at Delta. I want to explain the DGI.

The DGI is not contractual. It can be cancelled at any time. The DGI states that Delta can interview as little as 12/month. Unlike the SSP, where you interview and get hired, followed by waiting months/years for a class date, the DGI will be waiting months/years to interview followed by an immediate class date. All of that for a coin flip of a job offer.

I like working here, but if you live within a one leg commute of an AA base there is no reason not to go to an AA wholly owned regional. The pay is almost as good, the flight benefits are better, and there is a no interview flow.
Saying that you will wait months/years to interview under the DGI is disengenous. Let's assume a worst case scenario where only 12 are allowed to interview a month. What are the odds that HUNDREDS of people hit the 24 month captain requirement at the same time you do? This is all guesswork but I can't see interviews being delayed more than 3-5 months at the absolute latest. And once you interview and get a CJO you are put right in the off the street pool.