Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Scoop , 01-13-2017 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Scoop
Super Moderator
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2007
  • Position
    DAL 330
Quote: A military member who does 5 days of military duty in a month still must fly 80 block hours in the remaining 25 days. If one were to do a 2-week deployment, there's virtually no way to be eligible for GS pay.

I happen to think that if you're helping the company out on a greenie, you should be eligible for the GS pay everyone else is. As I stated elsewhere, I care not about credit for dropped trips, but would like to see ALV/30 or 80/30 credit per day of pre-posted MLOA be given towards the GS trigger.

Sure, mil members can bid reserve instead, but why force them to give up the benefits of line-holding just to have a shot at premium pay?

I just retired with 30 years combined active/reserve including 16 years at DAL + Reserves. There is no way MIL LV should count to the GS trigger. Does anyone really think a guy should be able to do 3 weeks with his reserve gig and have the opportunity for every trip at DAL to pay as a G/S?

The reserve retirement is compensation enough and far outweighs the opportunity cost of missing a few GSs.

Scoop