View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Crownz

Originally Posted by Linebacker35
A 4 year degree at AC technicaly not required, there were some without them when AirCanada was doing massive hiring when they first got the RJ's. But on their website under extra qualifications one of them is a university degree. Though not required a degree does help out alot. But you still could get hired at Air Canada without one. You would just need to probably get a little more flying time than you would without one.

Yeah, i check that out, thanks for the detail, but what's really weird, is that none of the schools (private or public) i checked require to have even a CEGEP Degree. I Graduating next year to have a CEGEP degree as a back up plan, but when i went talking to the schools, they told me that a DEC is a plus but not a requirement. But yeah, i agree that with a university degree they must take u more seriously. But, like an Aviation MBA at Concordia is like 50k (US) a year!!! Im still checking some places out to find out more info. After all, wheter i want to fly for AC, I will still need my private piloting liscence, night, IFR and Pro-Piloting Liscence to fly Cessnas first. I think im getting to pumped up over something that kinda far.
Btw, curiously, if any of you guys has a liscence, how much did it cost you guys? If i may ask. Cuz in total, for me, to get my Private, Night, Intruments and Professional totals up to about 46k (CAN). Is it a rip off?