Gets Weekends Off
Braniff DC8
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2008
  • Position
    L188
Your points are valid Garrett but, do you have turbine PIC time? The Candian Barbie dream jet is not a piece of cake. You will still have to get through the DEC program. Also, do you think recruiters, not the Chief Pilot, lie to get people to come? Well, I, and many others, can tell you they do, ALL THE TIME.

Again, don't get the cart ahead of the horse. You don't want a failure, and a failure at Gojets, on your record. Where's the fire? And as Highflight pointed out, you're not going right to the top of the pile as soon as you get 1000 turbine PIC. You're going into the same pile a lot of others are already in.

The wholy owned are the only way to go. The upgrade as PDT is very quick if that's what you really want. Always be careful what you wish for.

So, don't take this personally as I don't know you. Slow down, have a decaf, enjoy what you have, really seriously think about what you're doing and where you REALLY want to go. Make a plan and THEN follow through. I know this sounds crazy but I would stay put, get a command, get your time and then try to get to a major. Starting all over again, and promises of DECs, again, why do they need DECs and a Mesa FO at that, is always risky.

My two cents.