View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by kcartwright27 View Post
Looking at the Avenge SIC job posting on their site right now and I am a bit confused. You say with the Avenge SIC program you will get a clearance and turbine time, however they say they require a secret clearance ( not the ability to get one ) and 500 hours of turbine time..

perhaps i am not understanding the job posting correctly..

Would love to jump into the SIC program.. I dont have a secret clearance but used to have a DOD confidential information clearance years ago. My hours are still pretty low, at about 600, but am building them rapidly and would like to get any or all actions started that i can to try and get on board.

Doesn't a company have to sponsor the secret clearance efforts?
"US Department of Defense Security Clearance Required Prior To Start of ISR Aircraft Training
If selected, an Ab Initio candidate must pass a pilot proficiency examination and attend our new hire orientation. During this time, the new hire will complete human resources documentation. If you do not possess US DoD security clearance of Secret or above, you will submit an application with the Department of Defense to initiate the security background check. The security clearance background investigation generally takes between 120 and 360 days. Once the background check is favorably determined, you are expected to attend our next full In-Processing class."

https://avengeinc.applicantstack.com...l/a28jmfq6o0bq