View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 12:32 PM
BlueSkies
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
Living in base would be great for QOL on the 767 because your Reserve would actually leave you at home. Pay sucks so when you hear us say $50K first year, it won't be much better than that 2nd year. It's still 17 days a month IF the company wants you that many. You either do long haul out of Japan or DHL short hops state side. Both are easy to hold from what I understand. The AMC stuff goes senior out of JFK. I'd find a way to live in base because if you sit Reserve all of those hotels will be imputed.
Section 31 says the company will provide lodging if the designated R2 location is the crewmember's base (or any other location that isn't the crewmember's base).

Correct me if I'm wrong (FNG here so I probably don't know what I'm talking about), but if the company has to provide lodging to everyone shouldn't it not be imputed? My understanding is imputed income happens because one pilot (who does not live in base) gets a benefit (gateway/hotel) that another pilot (who does live in base) does not get.

I'm scheduled to sit R2 later this month so I have more than a passing interest in this...