View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:45 AM
AtlasPilot1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Whiplash6 View Post
Per KC in payroll: R2 is not taxable. The company says it's not taxable even though the company documents say that it is. Gotta love atlas.

Oh and taxable travel and taxable hotels is not mentioned in the cba, so the next time someone says "guys, read your cba!" and they are referencing imputed income tell them to read the cba.
I agree with the first part of your post and your right the CBA does not mention imputed tax directly.

The reference to the CBA, involves diving into the weeds of IRS tax code and what is considered a business expense to the company based on what they require from us...like sitting "hotel reserve" (Way over my head...was explained to me by exco) The company posted their interpretation of general IRS guidance that existed before the CBA existed.

I posted with regard to this issue previously. Not sure why some are still defending the contrary when this information is here to help each other. If you were taxed incorrectly, contact the company to fix it. If no love, contact the union.

Also, I think someone might have mentioned already,..another way to dodge the imputed travel, for example:

Say you are headed to ANC. You take commercial to CVG and jumpseat company to ANC.

Ultimately though...WE NEED a better contact.