Thread: PDT News and Rumors

TheWrightStuff , 01-16-2017 08:01 AM
Mx Delay
TheWrightStuff
Mx Delay
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2014
Quote: First of all, if they bypass upgrade for a couple thousand dollars, then they have serious issues. That is just plain stupid.

And no, not a 6 month upgrade. That is not what I am saying. If it takes 6 months to finish FO training, and in that time, FOs that are already on property get their 1000 hours in the meantime, then it may mean a 2 year upgrade as compared to an immediate upgrade.

I have heard of several AWAC pilots that went to PDT recently so they could get an immediate upgrade. But, if there are enough FOs already on property that are able to upgrade before the new hires finish training and are able to upgrade, then the fast upgrade is gone.
Considering that our most junior Captain award is a Sept '16 hire, it doesn't appear that there is any delay in the upgrade times just yet. Everyone has to get hired and qualify as an FO before bidding upgrade anyway. That process takes a minimum of 3 months as is. Our pilot group is junior enough that people who have been around for over a year still don't have the required 121 time to upgrade. It's also worth considering that pilots who come in with a R-ATP are still required to obtain 2500 TT before upgrading. I think seniority to hold upgrade will still stay under 1 year through 2017. AAG also wants to increase the number of 145s that are coming on property as well, this should bolster the need for captains.

Just my $0.02 obviously, but there was a sim backlog all of last year, and upgrades still stayed low with an overall minimal net gain of airframes on property.