View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 08:14 AM
TheWrightStuff
Mx Delay

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by daOldMan View Post
Explain this to me..

You are hiring 20 a month at most, due to your inept training department that can't even get 20 pilots a month through without long delays.

You are flowing at least 5, and probably losing another 5 a month at least to outside attrition.

So, you are adding 10 pilots a month, but adding 2-3 airplanes a month? How are you going to staff them? That is mathematically impossible!

My guess is that you will only add 145's at the same rate that you are parking the Dash. You may be able to add 1 additional 145 every couple of months for growth, but that is about it.
For the record, we have 50 new hires since 12/5/16. I also wouldn't lay the burden of the backlog on the training department. It's a logistical problem until the CLT sim is up and running. Having to shuffle people between DFW, CLT, and STL does not exactly breed a streamlined training experience.

BUT, we'll take your hypothetical as fact for the sake of argument. If PDT is growing a net of 10 pilots a month and receiving at minimum 1 additional airframe, isn't that staffable growth? It is a fact that there is overall airframe growth at PDT right now. Your logic, while trying to prove that low upgrades are unstainable, is actually proving the contrary. All the while, the additional 10 pilots who aren't getting through the training program expediently are receiving paid vacation while they wait! I'm putting words in your mouth, but in this case, they're your own.