View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 10:55 AM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
dawgdriver, I reread your post, and I'm not quite sure why you are rehashing United's past hiring policy on a thread specifically about Delta's new ponytail policy. Seems every thread relating to anything about female pilots always devolves to a completely different issue. Are you complaining about all airlines hiring policies, or just United? Current policy or past? And is your evidence purely based upon more women/minorities getting hired than the application rate of those groups (and do you actually have knowledge of those statistics?). Purely anecdotal evidence, but I know some extremely qualified female pilots who have been turned down by United.

I am just curious. I think we can discuss these issues on this forum without anyone getting offended. I have not gone through this entire thread, so if you have already explained these things specifically, sorry about that.
No apologies. And yes, they have been addressed. A previous post asked for evidence of airlines hiring based on quotas, which I provided in the form of a court finding for United's hiring practice dating back to 1988.

The argument is based on both current and past practices, both of which are flawed. In the past, white males were favored, now it is the opposite. I know other major airlines like NWA, also fearful of similar lawsuits filed, followed similar practices. In the past white males were favored, now it's the opposite. Both are wrong two wrongs don't make a right.

And to answer your other question, the reason why this thread devolved from a Delta women forced to wear a ponytail is because the OP decided to make a fairness issue out of her ponytail by comparing it to (and insulting) her male counterparts that she described as often being fat and disheveled.

And I've known both extremely qualified -- and unqualified females and minorities AND White males that were hired by United. There is no perfect system, but this discussion revolved around the OPs insinuation of sexual bias when clearly that's not the case.

I hope this helps