View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 11:19 AM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Imapilot2 View Post
Let me guess its "no big deal" because you are not a girl? Several have already said how petty and demeaning this new change is. As a guy it doesn't affect me BUT that doesn't mean i don't care about it. With a mother, a wife, and three daughters I tend to be more aware of these things than single males or guys without older daughters.
Am I loosing sleep? no. Just brought it up with 5 seconds of typing.
When you iron your shirt, shower and shave you don't think of this. But many women at that point are now told they have to put their hair up in a pony tail they are out of compliance and not professional. Is it too much to ask? TBD but it isn't necessary in my opinion. What goes through their mind at that point in the morning is this is BS. The CHANGE is uncalled for and more petty crap from an old man down in ATL towards women. As if the PROVE yourself BS they get daily in the cockpit isn't enough.

Also NEWS FLASH this isn't the military.
I have a wife too. Certain times, she is required to wear her hair up for her job. This isn't about whatever trigger word you want to use. It isn't demeaning. If the company says, wearing your hair past your collar is not appropriate, or having hair that covers your ears for guys, it's not demeaning. If the company wants me to wear a long sleeve shirt when I have tattoos, it is their prerogative. Saying it offends me, is ridiculous. Saying it offends you because you have a wife is laughable.

Now, making them wear a skirt, that's offensive. But that isn't what they did. I don't like wearing a suit jacket to work.... But the company requires it. Oh well.

And I'm supposed to be the liberal one here....