View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 PM
tuktukdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
Don't forget that 30+ have left already this month and it's pretty much given at this pace that 1/4 of the whole pilot group will leave in 2017. Since most see that at this pace it not realistic that the airline can grow anymore (or stay the same size even) attrition will only increase too. Captains in their 50's leaving. Sad to watch it fall apart so fast when most here loved the place and wanted it to be a last stop.
Indeed, it is sad. After being here for just over a year (and enjoying the job) I had hopes that the CBA issues would come to a quick resolve. As far as I'm concerned, I do not trust any of the people in charge of this company, they got their big bonuses and it seems that they really don't care anymore where this place ia heading because they will be gone before it goes belly up. The fantasy of all these amazon airplanes coming over when they are not even able to retain enough pilots just for the current flying (let alone the future one) is alarming. It's sad, but fortunately there are many jobs out there, in real, stable companies, so apps are out and updated, logbook up to date.
1 year at atlas is all it took to get me back on the job market. Some of my classmates were smarter, didn't wait and are already enjoying a descent seniority number elsewhere...