View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 PM
jdlca
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Default Thank you both for the replies

Thanks for the replies guys Alaska has definitely gotten into my blood especially when I visited Fairbanks back in 2014 I knew it was a place that I wanted to be. Csy Mon, what you did out of Bethel is exactly what I see myself doing that would be my primary goal and thank you rickair for your input as well, it's just me currently, me and my Husky so I should be okay in that regard.

I did my "discovery flight" yesterday and man oh man haha wow. It was quite the experience, we flew a Cessna 172n on a perfect day, the sun was out with not a cloud in the sky and hills covered in green grass it was just beautiful. I felt I really got a feel for it, had some nerves but I liked it a lot, I felt great after doing it and now I crave more...

My question now is where do I start? Do I get private lessons while I wait to finish my AA degree and move to Alaska? Or do I just wait until I move to Alaska and attend the University's aviation program? Do I get a pilots license here in California and then go to Alaska's aviation program or is that overkill.. I just don't know where my starting point would be...