View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Deadpool
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Super Anti-Hero
Default Just One Superhero's Opinion...

There are better options than PenAir. I speak from experience as I chose to leave. I do not regret my decision. PenAir's financial status and practices are shaky at best, which is the main reason I cannot in good conscience recommend PenAir. I can only speak to what I saw while I was there and the information I gathered from employees in the know due to their position or longevity, because PenAir is a private company and their financial data is not open source. I was grateful that every day I walked into the building, the doors actually opened and that my paycheck was deposited on-time every month; however, I thought about it on most days and fear that day is coming sometime in the near future (this is only my opinion). In addition, management on the first floor has a good track record of either promising or "hinting" at benefits (ANC based, upgrade time, 4on/3off schedule) which they never intend to make good on. If you still think you want to give PenAir a try, ask for a written contract to back up the "sales pitch". I won't even go into the monthly fight for credit pay. I fought the good fight as long as I could, and then took the advice of a senior captain - I let PenAir take a little bit of money out of my back pocket every month. It was either that or risk a stroke/heart attack from the outrage. ~Just keeping' it real~ Sincerely, Deadpool