View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by MOGuy View Post
Ha! Are you effn kidding me?!? I've worked 2 regionals and now work for a reputable 135. Regional flying is for pu$$ies. If you want to actually become a pilot and have true flying skills along with truly understanding customer service...135. As a 121 regional bio you won't learn jack. PLENTY of girls and guys leaving for the legacies from my outfit. Training is hands down 10x that of 121 because you don't just jump through hoops, you truly learn the plane from professionals. Don't listen to this JA.

Plus we have way more fun ;0)
I speak from a little bit of experience. I was former Army Aviation, flew air ambulance, flew 91, flew 135, flew 91K, fly 121, have trained at FSI, Bombardier, CAE, and SimCom, am currently a TCE with one of the above, current Transport Canada/JAA/FAA instructor, and a current 121 pilot. I've seen from all aspects numerous training programs. There is a major conflict of interest in a training program that evaluates the customer. Your typical business jet client is woefully inadequate in numerous fronts and their lack of standardization and oversight makes things even worse. Their accident rates follow inline with their training. The most standardized training outside of 121 that I've seen was at NetJets.

Regional pilots without a doubt transition better to mainline flying than your typical Cessna/Learjet/Falcon driver. Again, if you want to be an airline pilot then go to work for an airline. If you want to wipe the lav and stock coffee/ice/papers then find a 135 that wants a warm body slinging gear.