View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:46 PM
ASpilot2be
Qbicle seat warmer

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO

Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
The Union threat was valid 10 years ago. Back then there was no shortage of pilots that were willing to sleep in the back of their cars outside the training center while going through groundschool in order to secure a job that required being responsible for more lives than fit on a school bus but be paid less than a school bus driver.

Times are different now, the Union Threat is novel and I know for a fact that meetings have been held, but things have shifted more in our favor. We don't even need to threaten organization anymore because we can all get jobs that will have us at home more nights per month and netting more income in less than 1 year tomorrow. A Grant pilot flying an Airvan in Bristol Bay and commuting from Anchorage makes more than we do and is home more nights than we are unless you are in the left seat and have been there for more than 5 years. And that's if you insist on living in AK. If you're willing to live in America why in the **%# wide world of sports would you put up with PenAir? Go fly a jet and get the same pay and the career progression. These concepts need to be published on an open forum without fear of management retribution.
Well said. I dont think they even know how to be competitive with all the other airlines. I feel things were good here until the last six months.