View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 07:34 AM
LAX2MSP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by PSA help View Post
What exactly are the negatives of the flow right now for AA WO pilots?

A guaranteed number of pilots every month are flowing to AA, creating continual movement from the top of the list.

The flow does not prohibit anyone from getting hired outside of it. So, there are Envoy and PSA pilots going to AA outside of the flow. (I do not know of any PDT pilots that are doing this, so I don't want to give inaccurate info. PDT pilots may be going outside the flow as well).

So, every month, the AA WO are losing pilots to United, Delta, AA, JetBlue, etc... OUTSIDE of the flow, and still flowing pilots.

What is the negative for the pilot group?

For Envoy, it is likely that they will flow over 300 this year, and I would not be surprised if another 300 leave to outside attrition. That means that new hires may move up 600 seniority spots this year. That is great for Envoy's pilot group and their new hires. I would say that it IS working for Envoy.
That is good for ENY then. I didn't mean to come off that the flows aren't good for the current pilots, it is. I was more so saying that the people on these forums and recruiters sell the point that you don't interview again and don't need a college degree. There are cases of flows where the person can't pass AA groundschool. Having a guaranteed job with mainline is never a bad thing. Just have to wait your turn in line which you could wait less if you apply and interview.