View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:33 PM
RhinoDriverF4F
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by BuckeyeFO View Post
It isn't just "not working out" for me.
It is "not working out" for almost everyone who was hired in 2015 and later.

To you more-senior guys, congrats. But the "new hires", we are falling over ourselves to leave.

So either:
A) NetJets (who claimed to have 1000's of apps) chose just a bunch of ungrateful pilots who will never be happy anywhere
OR
B) The job is not competitive for new-hires compared to a lot of the options out there

So your response of "please quit and go and smell the roses". I am. I'm gone. Notice given, out the door. And I'll be replaced (or not replaced since we don't hire pilots anymore) with someone who will come to the same conclusion as me, my classmates, and almost everyone hired since hiring restarted in 2015.
Well that is unfortunate. But I ask myself, based on what information did people apply and accept the job in 2015 and later??
All vital information was available......pay, schedule, vacation, 401k, seniority etc. etc etc.
Itīs not like NetJets is holding back information and then hit you over the head with a baseball bat once you are hired.
The workload on the road would have been something I would have researched a bit more if I were you. That might be a bit of a "shocker" for some guys who donīt expect that kind of pace.

And...wasnīt SWA, DAL, UAL, AAL etc hiring in 2015? Would have been an option right away, correct? What made you choose NetJets over the Majors?
Or you could have stayed at your previous gig until the Majors call you.....so why did you leave to come to NetJets?

But you have found a better deal, thatīs good. Hope all goes well for you. Just donīt make this place miserable for all the good guys out there who would like to work here.

All new applicants, please, please, please get in touch with a NetJets pilot or two before you accept the job. Get a real good insight about what this ops is all about. Do yourself that favor before you commit.