Thread: Comair updates?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Blkflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Cessna 152 Captain

Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
The question was asked "why the mass exodus" a while back. QOL, morale, money, better outlook elsewhere, you name it. I know 3 guys with nearly 4 years exp. who went to Pinnacle to get Capt. awards. I know they have slowed this now, but thats a lot of seniority to lose for a lateral move (even if it is for an upgrade). Still, I concidered it too.

I didn't start looking until they cancelled my upgrade (along with nearly 80 others). Then I decided I was done here. After a 13% paycut and nearly 20% reduction in flying over the summer, as well as losing 2-3 days off per month with the crappy lines they are putting out, I just couldn't see staying around any more. You would think with nearly 5 years here and bidding in the top 10% in the seat you could get a good schedule, but you would be wrong. On top of that, my last few pay checks have not broken $1000. And I am not the only one that has happened to.

It appears management is trying to take a page from Mesa's management book. They are telling senior people they aren't wanted any more while having trouble filling new hire classes if they stick to their published minimums. One rumor has them looking at private multi quals. You can get your commercial when you take your checkride in the sim at the end of training.

Explain to me maybe my math is not that great but I assume you are not on First Year Pay, Thus I am going out on a limb and say you are getting paid $35 per hour, if your gurantee is 75 hours that equates to about $2600 per month taking 30 % for taxes leaves you with about $1800 per month now if you get about $400 for per diam that would total about $2200 per month I dont know if you choose to drop everything on your line or what your situation is but you should be making no less than $2200 per month and thats just with the monthly gurantee. I dont know maybe my math is all wrong,

On another note Keep the RUMOR going, thats what keeps this industry intresting he say she say LOL got to love it,

Fly Safe