View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:16 PM
hoover
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

Originally Posted by PowerShift View Post
Hi guys/gals, been lurking for a few months and researching the threads with interest. I interviewed first part of Jan and waiting on the DB on the 25th.

I understand the reserve schedule to be 4 on, 3 off. Is there a way to trade that into 6 on 6 off? On reserve do you ever have a block of say 4-5 off in a row? Commuting on my first day off and last day off (two leg commute) would be less then ideal.

I have read that PHX is junior enough to hold within a month or so after OAK. How long would it take a new hire to hold a line in PHX?

Same question for MDW?
As far as blocking reserve days together the realistic answer is no. You'd have to find someone who'd trade you days. You can't trade reserve with the company. So you'd have to find someone with a schedule that matches up to yours and trade individually. Good luck. In 9 months I traded 1 block of reserve.
I've seen blocks of 4 off in a row on reserve. Not all reserve blocks are 4 days. There are also 3 day blocks.
Most of the time you can commute in on a pm reserve and out on an AM reserve, depending on your commute. I've always found this to be true, but my commute is very short. On PM reserve I can commute both sides if I don't get used on the last day.
Holding a line takes quite a while. Getting a blank line is much quicker. I believe in phx maybe 6 months to blank line but that's my SWAG based on buddies there. Blank lines are made up of leftovers from vac drops and training. Usually much better than reserve. Gives you flexibility in moving your schedule around with others and the company.