View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by thevagabond View Post
Sure thing Riddler. I'm just passing along my objective observations. When tips aren't given out most of the time it's youngsters. That's what I've seen and it's a fact. Anymore, most of our younger flight attendants never tip and the older ones maybe do fifty - seventy percent of the time. Why so defensive? If you're tippimg there's no need to defend those that don't.
In my recent past here, flying with guys in both seats, I've only witnessed one guy who didn't tip. He was a new hire and when I noticed it, I pulled an extra $1 out and gave it to the driver when he wasn't looking. I didn't want to shame him or anything. Some/most Guys take pay cuts coming over and with a family, things could be really tight at home...no big deal. The next morning he tipped the driver so I think he probably didn't have any singles that night and was too embarrassed to ask me to spot him. Other than that, I can't ever remember a Captain or FO not tip. I did have a Captain last year almost pass out when I gave the driver a $5 because I didn't have singles and the driver was really nice. I didn't feel like asking for change.

Trivia question...do you know what the word TIPS stands for?