Thread: 2017 UPS Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 10:51 AM
RemoveB4flght
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you just eased his/her anxiety...

Until they have all the info they need you won't hear back from them. Plenty of cases in the past where people waited for months.

If it takes much longer I'd ask a sponsor to reach out to the HR and check up on you.
If you don't have a sponsor try to attend a job fair maybe and ask them in person.
As a last resort I'd make a phone call but not until a month or so from now.

Easy for me to say but try to focus on other things right now. Spend time with your friends and your family, in the long run that's what really matters anyways.
It's not that I'm impatient, I've been in this industry long enough to know that while sometimes things can happen quickly... it's more commonly a slow waiting game.

The competitive pool was explained to me, and I'm aware there were already qualified guys and gals swimming in it before I was ever called for an interview.

The difference is, they were treading water in the pool to begin with! A 2-3 week time frame was told to me by a few different people while I was there, and that would be sorry no thanks, or yes you are in the pool. (Even then it was quipped that I shouldn't quit my job just yet even if the answer is yes until a final class date was given!)

I'm not even sure at the moment I am actually waiting for anything.

Anyways... c'est la vie. That's good advice Whale... and I have been happy to see so many guys and gals getting class dates and how much that means to their careers and lives.