View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 12:03 PM
veewan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: On the right hand side

Originally Posted by JKSees View Post
Hey, one of the guys here that got hired and then had my training date cancelled because of the lost jets. I noticed Compass changed their page back to "hiring" and added "hiring 140-180 pilots in the next 6-9 months". Any news out there about getting new flying? I got hired by Skywest in the mean time so afraid if Compass calls me back I will have to choose between the two. Any input on how long it would take to get to SEA after training?
Go to SkyWest. There's no guarantee Compass will have a SEA base in the future. SkyWest owns their aircraft, does good maintenance, is growing, they want 5000 pilots on property, stock price is going up. Will it be perfect there? No, but it's a well run company that spends the money where it's needed.
Compass was a good company, but it's been bought by TSH which has a completely different view of how to make money. As you've heard other people point out it's going to be a slow transition to TSA or GoJet style. Think about how much you're seeing people say that the change to Lufthansa scheduling has been mishandled, we're left in the dark even though they (TSH) have had two opportunities to implement it at their other airlines. Generally people learn from their mistakes and improve upon things. Or pay money to do it right, rather than trying to save a buck, yet actually spending more due to poor implementation. Imagine how much money they've spent in the last year trying to launch this and the fiasco they caused delaying Delta flights when GoJet started using Lufthansa.
Those that are leaving Compass and have gotten the experience they needed to move on are fortunate, but I wouldn't recommend coming if you have an offer at SkyWest.