View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 04:38 PM
zippinbye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A
Default Widebody contract pay

From a former corporate guy gone airline now back to some part 91 opportunities, not wanting to lower the bar for the guys that exist on per diem call-outs, I'd like to learn what the range of daily contract pay rates should be for wide body international operations. The operator does not really have a contract pay structure in place, since they use mostly full-time guys. I'm PIC qualified on multiple types that they operate, although I'd be SIC with one of their full time captains on day one. I fully expect what I accept in the near term to "set the bar" of when they hand the left seat over to me. For now, PIC-qualified is one of the requirements, so my pay query couldn't be targeted to "just" captain or F/O. I bring full recency quals and meet insurance mandates, and won't cost them a dime to get situated. Feel like I might be selling myself short (and others too) by thinking $1500/day is acceptable. And $2000 seems too good to be true ... but it's really up to me to throw out a number. Just want that sentence to sound rational! Any ideas?