On Reserve
HawaiiHawk
On Reserve
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2017
  • Position
    United 737 FO
Thanks Albie and Hacker15e, just saw this on a Monday morning sitting at my O6 desk with 4 months to military retirement and your posts convinced me that I'm not crazy (not that much, anyway) and that my plan is solid. I have my ATP and have applied to several majors but have the lack of currency problem. I even completed a recent 737 type rating (paid for by my Post 9/11 GI Bill) and fly GA once a month to include instrument currency. However, I completely understand the reluctance by pilot hiring teams to hire someone who has been out of professional flying for as many years as I have...9 years as of Nov 16. So, I fully intend to apply to a local regional airline (Silver Airways) within the next 2 months if/when the call from a major airline does not come. I look forward to being back around other pilots, flying a "mission" with a purpose, and getting to know a new aircraft. My brief time getting my type rating was a great boost to my conviction to become an airline pilot as I spoke with retired airline pilots and got back into the flight deck habits of a professional pilot (I mostly flew C-130/AC-130s before my staff years). I hope you guys continue to inspire us potential "newbies"!