Old 01-23-2017, 10:32 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
Wow, you got hired by an LCC, and got hired by AA after only 144 hours with the LCC. Well done and congrats.
Yup, that's great! To the mil guys out there that are waiting on a call, don't discount going to a regional or LCC to help your resume. I went to a regional, learned a lot, had fun and met some great people. Then I was hired at 2 Legacies in 2014, with only 108 hours at the regional. My total time was ~1,800, 850 of that in fighters. I was not a mil IP and I firmly believe that the only reason I was called so early was because of checking the 121 container, along with being mil. My sub 3.0 GPA in aviation surely wasn't the reason.

A squadron mate was hired at FedEx and UPS and got a call from DAL with pretty much the same numbers/quals as mine. He had a few more 121 hours than I did, but other than that he was around 2,000 TT and was not a mil IP either. Another anecdotal story, there was a guy in my DAL class. He had been out of the cockpit for the last 3 years on AD. He was called within a month of finishing training at his regional.

Originally Posted by Ronjo View Post
All you College Boys on here look up the name Pete Fernandez and see what a lowly high school graduate can accomplish.
While that's a cool piece of history, what does that have to do with todays airline hiring environment? They have to sift through 10,000+ applications, this is an easy filter because a great majority of the applicants have a degree. Keep shaking your first at the requirement.