Old 01-23-2017, 11:53 AM
TurbineDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 320B

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Yup, that's great! To the mil guys out there that are waiting on a call, don't discount going to a regional or LCC to help your resume. I went to a regional, learned a lot, had fun and met some great people. Then I was hired at 2 Legacies in 2014, with only 108 hours at the regional. My total time was ~1,800, 850 of that in fighters. I was not a mil IP and I firmly believe that the only reason I was called so early was because of checking the 121 container, along with being mil. My sub 3.0 GPA in aviation surely wasn't the reason.

A squadron mate was hired at FedEx and UPS and got a call from DAL with pretty much the same numbers/quals as mine. He had a few more 121 hours than I did, but other than that he was around 2,000 TT and was not a mil IP either. Another anecdotal story, there was a guy in my DAL class. He had been out of the cockpit for the last 3 years on AD. He was called within a month of finishing training at his regional.

While that's a cool piece of history, what does that have to do with todays airline hiring environment? They have to sift through 10,000+ applications, this is an easy filter because a great majority of the applicants have a degree. Keep shaking your first at the requirement.
Just curious which legacies were u hired at?