Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 04:02 PM
PruneJuice
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by Happyflyer View Post
I am glad we live in a county that is so reformed that you can't even believe reality.

It is all true, in fact the person who asked during an interview if she was planning on having any more kids was a women. She thought it was a valid question to protect her boss's, the owner's, interest in the money and time it takes to train and hire a pilot.

I've talked to fellow pilots and some have agreed small flight departments can't afford for a pilot to be on 12 weeks leave for babies. Somehow they can afford a million dollar airplane though.

I've asked some guys if they thought it would be fair if an employer asked them if they were planning of having kids, they said "well no" why " well because I am not a women" why does that matter, "because it's not my job to take care of the kids".

I forgot two more stories, they were never formal interviews so no one knows how they would have resulted anyways.

Cheif pilot knows likes her and has an opening, goes home and talks to his wife about it, and she says NO WAY, no female co-pilots, PERIOD. Guy calls and told her he fought with his wife for 3 hours, but lost, and cant use her.

Another story was similar except it was the aircraft owner's wife. She could be used for day trips only. Therefore would never be hired with full benefits, because they still had a need for multi day trips which his wife said, no way!
Reality or your "stories"?