Thread: Which ULCC?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 PM
tom11011
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by nkbux View Post
Spirit has not had 1 pilot leave for anywhere but UAL, AA, DAL, FedEx, UPS, and SWA... fact. This appears to be a rather jaded opinion. The 99% concensus at Spirit is that the new Allegiant contract would've been laughed at and never ratified
You realize of course that the new Allegiant contract for a short time paid more than Delta on similar equipment until Delta recently ratified their new contract. Allegiant Captains will top out at $232/hr in year 12 (DOS +5). Not too bad for a first contract in my opinion, especially considering you can upgrade in two years. We do not have a pension unfortunately but do have a 200% match on 401k. It's not United or Delta clearly, but does have a unique benefit of no overnights if that's important to you.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I've never lived in base before, I've always been a commuter, even on reserve. To me this is like waking up from a long bad dream. I'm "middle age" so my perspective is going to be different than a 30 year old.