Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Happyflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

[QUOTE=PruneJuice;2287011]Reality or your "stories"?[/QUOTE

Reality,

I didn't realize they were so unbelievable.

Top three reasons:

1) The Cheap Wad, thinks it to expensive to hire a contract pilot while his is on maternity leave, and pay short term disability, plus she could drag up after the first kid and be a stay at home mom. Also reliability, if I call at 10pm for a 6am pop up trip, she might not be able to get the kids covered.

2) The Super Duper Christian, thinks the mom is the cornerstone of a wholesome family and she will thank me one day for not hiring her when her kids grow up and aren't on drugs. "We are on the road way to much to try and raise a family". Also can be old fashion think mixed crews are "inappropriate" in general.

3) The Jealous Wife, guy thinks he doesn't need to prove to himself he's not a sexist by hiring a female. He knows he's not, and certainly isn't going to backstab his wife buy hiring a mid 20's/30's female just to prove he can resist temptation, or isn't a sexist.

None of these people think they are discriminating against women, we were taught discrimination is from hatred or malice in your heart, which they have none.

You must be in a union shop and have been for a very long time to be so far removed from reality. Your horizons have now been expanded.

Just FYI, I do think that every woman that's jumps up and says they failed some training, or wasn't hired for LCA or chief pilot because they are female is lying and in denial of their own shortcomings.
The real discrimination situations don't have lawsuits, grievances, or arbitrations, those women just take there licks and keep moving on. There is really nothing they can do about it, and the offenders don't feel like they did anything wrong because the reasoning is reasonable and logical.

Last edited by Happyflyer; 01-23-2017 at 05:27 PM.